Table of Contents
Week 1 | English Grammar
Week 2 | English Grammar
Week 3 | English Grammar
Week 4| English Grammar
Week 5| English Grammar
Week 6| English Grammar
Week 7| English Grammar
Week 8| English Grammar
Week 9| English Grammar
Week 10| English Grammar
Week 11| English Grammar
Week 12| English Grammar
Week 13| English Grammar
We use words like ‘come/look/go/wait/do/be’when we are telling somebody to do something. They are like imperatives, when you are giving an order to somebody.
- Come here right now!
- Look at the mess you’ve created!
- Go away!
- Wait for me!
- Do your homework!
- Be quiet!
We also use ‘have’ when we tell somebody to do something
- Here, have a cup of coffee.
- Have a Kit Kat.
- Have a nice holiday.
- Have fun!
- Have a good time at the park.
We use ‘don’t’ when we tell somebody not to do something
- Don’t shout at me
- Don’t raise your voice in the house.
- Don’t misbehave at your grandma’s house.
- Don’t leave the house until you’ve eaten breakfast.
- Don’t be late to school.
- Don’t go to sleep without brushing your teeth.
- Don’t fight with your brother.
We use ‘let’s’ when we want people to do things with you.
Let’s = Let us
- Let’s go out for dinner.
- Let’s go to the park.
- Let’s have pizza for lunch.
- Let’s cook dinner for mum.
- Let’s stay at home and watch a movie on Friday night.
- Let’s watch the new Tom Cruise movie.
We use ‘let’s not’ for negatives.
- Let’s not go outside to play, it’s too cold.
- Let’s not have pizza for lunch. Let’s have chicken.
- Let’s not go out for dinner. Let’s stay at home and order takeout.
Share the Love: www.improvetuition.org
- Do you want to go swimming? No, let’s.
- Would you like to go to Pizza Hut for lunch? No, let’s
- Shall we go out on Saturday night? No, let’s
- Do you want to take the bus home? No, let’s
2. Fill in the missing gaps with the appropriate and correct word
come, look, go, wait, do, be
- out! There’s a car coming.
- You better outside the school gates for me.
- all the washing up before you go to bed.
- on your best behaviour.
- on. We’re going to be late
- clean your room right now.
3. Complete the following sentences.